Sunday 12 August 2012

IG with GK Allies 1500 @ LGS Tournament

Today we have the Guardians of Tyr WH40K Tournament at the local games store (Wargames Workshop, Northampton, UK).....

It's a 1500 point tournament as part of the Guardians of Tyr's WH40K series; where gamers can accrue points throughout the year in a kind of open league system....more information can be found on the Guardians of Tyr's website, see my external links section...

Today (after much deliberation) I decided to play as my avatar (not the eldar kind) with Imperial Guard and the primary detachment and my Xenos Inquisitor allied in....

So my list for today will be...

Total Points 1500

Primary Detachment: Imperial Guard (610pts)

HQ 
Lord Commissar - no upgrades

Troops
Vets Squad - Demolitions, 2 Flamers & a Melta gun

Platoon Command Squad - 2 Flamers & a Melta gun

2x Platoon Infantry Squad - Flamer each

Fast
Vendetta
Vendetta

Allied Detachment

HQ
Xenos Inquisitor  - 2x Needle Pistols & Rad Grenades

Troops
10 Grey Knights - 2x Psycannons, 7x Halberds, 1xFalcions, Psycannon Bolts

Fast
Storm Raven - Hurricane Bolters, Extra Armour, Psycannon Bolts

Heavy
Land Raider - Multi Melta

My plan will be to start with a combined squad and the Land Raider on the table, out flank with the   Vendettas and normal reserve for the Storm Raven....

The list is a little weak on Melta I Hope the LR, SR and Vs can manage any anti-tank duties...the missions favour infantry heavy lists so I hope to counter this potential with serious dakka from the SR and GK squad, then torch the rest with the IG.....hopefully anyway....



1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Your list looks okay, but I have a couple of questions, why no heavy weapons on the IG squads as they will be sitting back on an objective somewhere?

    I also wouldn't mix weapons, either flamers/plasma or melta imo.

    When I tried the storm raven, I was desperately disappointed!

    But overall, I like the list.

    I've also become a follower of your blog and added it to my blog list in the hope you get more followers as you have a great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete